Rising property taxes are certainly on the minds of Chicago homeowners. The Chicago Association of Realtors provided our members information on a Chicago Property Tax Rebate program. In person applications are due November 30th, 2016. Click here for more information.
Income and age restrictions apply:
- Chicago Homeowner;
- Received the Cook County Homeowners’ Exemption in the most recent property tax year;
- Household adjusted gross income of $75,000 or less in 2015;
- City of Chicago portion of property taxes increased on most recent tax bill;
- Current on the payment of property taxes;
- Do not owe real estate taxes on other property located in Chicago; and
- Do not have City debt (e.g. parking tickets, overdue water bills). In cases where City debt is owed, the rebate will be applied to the debt.