Winnemac Park Neighbors Meeting (Area 2, 47th Ward)
Damen to Western, Lawrence to Foster and all those interested!
Tuesday, January 10th 7:00PM-8:00PM
Dolce Casa Cafe - 4947 N Damen
Coffee and teas available to order. Please know we make every effort to respect the schedules of our host venue and our speakers, keep the meetings factual, civil and non-political, and keep the meetings to one hour.
Tuesday, January 10th General Agenda:
I. General announcements and updates
1. Ward Re-Map update (Did you know you may be moved to the 40th Ward Alderman's jurisdiction?)
2. NEW funds coming to McPherson, Chappell and Amundsen through Grow 47
3. Ideas for a neighbor group web site and neighbor "bulletin board" email exchange
4. Fundraising for Chappell classrooms through DonorChoose.org
5. Winnemac Park, events and news updates from neighbors
6. 47th Ward neighbor's focus assisting Senior Citizens
7. Next 47th Ward Council Meeting is Tuesday January 17th, 6:45PM at 4250 N Paulina (Bethany United Church)
II. The Amundsen High School Principal, Mr Carlos Munoz, will address our neighbors at the Tuesday January 10th meeting. Thank you neighbor Stephen Reynolds for booking this important guest! Please contact Stephen at email@example.com or Amundsen High School directly if you are interested in a "Friends of" Amundsen Group. He and local neighbors are looking to establish a working group with the school.
III. Neighbor Jim Javenkoski will speak about a "community garden" initiative. We think this is a great idea, very attainable and sustainable and will "brand" Winnemac Park Neighbors in a tangible way. Please attend the meeting or contact us if you'd like to work on a Community Garden Committee. The committee would together lobby for public garden space and help administer the garden.
|Neighbors listen in at our last meeting|
Questions, announcements or to be added to the email update list...firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line "Winnemac Park Neighbors"